Bredbo Valley View farm - providing quality education in Permaculture and sustainable living practices.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

She went out the back for a pea.


Cold again this morning, my hands froze feeding the pigs. I’m just amazed at how cold it is in the morning and how warm it can get during the day. We had a visit from some students doing an Animal Science course yesterday; they were looking for reptiles up in the rocks. Apparently they found something – but I have to keep it a secret for now. We have the DPI coming out tomorrow to do some soil testing as well. Hopefully they find some soil – but I’m not sure if there’s any left after the recent winds we had.

The feed store rang yesterday and the seed has arrived – I’ll need to pick it up tomorrow after work. Today’s picture is of a native pea found up in the hills behind the house, this was taken by our Cook last week.

No comments: