Bredbo Valley View farm - providing quality education in Permaculture and sustainable living practices.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Still Cold -3.6


Matt from Bush Heritage is back today to do some more of his ecological survey work – and you guessed it, it was drizzling when I got up. Pigs were having a little bit of a sleep in, so I’ve left them to be fed a little later once the sun is up.

We’ve got too many roosters, currently there are four Hamburgs, one Golden Laced Wyandotte, a red one, a yellow one, two Pekin crosses, Ricky the Pekin, a hand full of Silkies and a couple of big black ones. Every time I go up to the feed shed they jump out and start attacking me. I think there aren’t enough females for them all, and the frustration is building. I need to find that recipe for Coq au vin.

Anyway, it’s still cold here today, not as cold as yesterday, but still cold. Can’t wait until spring!!!

No comments: