Here are the 10 things I’ve learned about pig fencing over the last few years –
1. You need to use twice as many steel posts as you thought.
2. You’ll never keep them all in.
3. You’ll need three times as many steel posts as you first thought.
4. Pig fences don’t have to be high – until they learn to jump.
5. You’ll need four times as many steel posts as you previously thought.
6. Don’t put a fence between a pig and its food.
7. You’ll need to buy steel posts by the pallet.
8. Don’t throw away the pallet – you can use it for pig fencing.
9. Pig wire only comes in 100m lengths – you’ll need 120m to finish the job.
10. When you think you’ve finished fencing – the pigs will have dug enough soil out from under your fence to make you have to move them all.