Bredbo Valley View farm - providing quality education in Permaculture and sustainable living practices.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Looking for boots - again



Rather warm today – for us Southerners. Reached the forecast 35Deg C, and stayed there for hours. The Cook has even declared that the fan may be taken into the bedroom tonight – lucky me. I took the kids over to the pool at Cooma to cool off for a while at midday, I needed to get something from the Rural Store – but I missed that, by two minutes. That’s country towns for you, I love the fact that there’s nothing open on Sunday here.

Everything is still green at the moment, but the warm westerly’s have started so it’s only a matter of time before we are dried off and brown again.

I had a rather pleasant surprise this morning, after going to the dump I picked up the Canberra Times from the store. When I opened up the paper (page 8, Mrs D) they published a photo I had entered in the papers Summer Photo Comp – how exciting. I've put it up again just because I can.

Ben came across another snake in the feed shed – I’m sure they are following him around. I couldn’t find a shovel in time so it got away to live for another day.

I love our kids – they really have a great (their fathers) sense of humour. Last night we were all sitting at the table and Harry says

“I saw something really disgusting today Dad”, Ben chimes in

“Britney Spears?”

Both the Cook and I nearly choked on our dinner and once again the Cook was caught snorting. It was rather funny – and no, I’m not going to tell you what Harry saw.

IO'm searching for new boots again. Not happy with steel caps, no good for walking down hills in, wish I could find some of my old Army GP's, I loved those boots. They always fitted well and I could walk for days, and did, in them. You wuoldn't think it would be so hard - it's only boots.

1 comment:

The Duck Herder said...

in the paper AGAIN, what a media tart these pig farmers can be. But it is a lovely photo. Its all that geography out there. yup, what you lack in top soil you make up for in geography out there.......

Ditto about the boots, I was always a Blundstone 500 girl and then they went and started making them in China. And now they suck. So I bought up all the ones I could find in my size before the crappy Chinese ones started filling the shops. I dont know what I am going to do when they are all worn out.......

is the cook still keen for a compost party perhaps when it gets a little cooler? Im keen! Just need to find someone to get us a trailer load of straw and manure.......