Bredbo Valley View farm - providing quality education in Permaculture and sustainable living practices.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Going International


Our Blog has gone international; Ian Walthew, an Author and Blogger in France has added a link and review of our site on his catalogue of Farm Blogs. He's collecting and organising a consolidated list of links to farm blogs from around the world - visit his site and have a look at whats going on around the world. You can find him here http://www.farmblogs.blogspot.com/


We had a really heavy frost last night and fear the worst for our potatoes. The Cook did have them covered with straw but they may have gown through that this week. The BOM are forecasting daily highs of 30 -31 next week, this morning it was minus four. I'm really not sure what I should be doing first!


I found this older photo on my computer and thought I would share it with you. The Cook made a lamb roast cooked in a sheath of grassy hay. It was absolutely delicious, the recipe is in Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's River Cottage cook book.
Today also marks my last day in my current job, I'm moving on with things, so I'm not sure when I'll post next. I'm hoping it will be monday, but I'll just have to wait and see. So please check back regularly - you don't want to miss anything.

2 comments:

Ian said...

Hey, thanks for the mention. It would be great if you could put Farm Blogs From Around the World in your blog roll on a permanent basis, as you are on it. Also, to anyone reading this, if you have a farm blog you would like to recommmend please email me at INFO AT ianwalthew.com

Happy farming
Ian
www.farmblogs.blogspot.com

Lori Skoog said...

Good Morning...we too our one of Ian's Farm Blog. Saw his recommendation and went to your site. It looks like you have a lot to take care of. We grow a lot of garlic. Stop over sometime.
Lori Skoog